Saturday, June 10, 2006

Update on the tananger

It is now open season on summer tanagers at 5302 Attala Road 3022. Yes, that colorful bird that only a few days ago was such a delight to my mom and aunts is now the number one nuisance around here. He has continuously beat himself against the great room window since they left and shows no sign of stopping. He started his incessant banging at 5:30 AM this morning, which is 1 hour too soon for this sleep-deprived mama. If I had been holding a gun at that moment (and possessed the ability to hit a small moving object at short range), the illustrious S. Tanager would have met his doom at 5:31 AM. However, since I do not (and probably could not), he survived. I put my head under the pillow and managed to doze for a few more minutes. Even when we were working outside this morning, his “twee-duh-wee” sounded above the cacophony of bird noises as especially noticeable.

So, I’ve told Joe he is free to rid us of S.T. if he is able to contrive a means to do so. Sorry to my dear aunts and mama, but S.T. has overstayed his welcome!!

No comments: