Friday, December 01, 2006

Titus 2 afternoon

I just have to post about a website that I found as I was poking around today. It is for a family farm in Virginia that sells chickens and eggs and some pork, beef, milk and vegetables. I told Joe over dinner tonight that it looks like my ideal (idealized?) farm life. Anyway, the whole site is interesting and worth seeing if only for the pictures of the cute children industriously helping take care of the animals. I'd love it if I could buy from the Wilsons, but alas, they are in VA and I am in MS. We'd all be healthier if we ate such straight from the farm foods.

I also had a perfectly timed call today from a dear lady from church offering help for the open house that we are hosting with the senior pastor and his wife here on the 15th. She called just as we were finishing lunch and asked what we were up to for the afternoon. She came just after I had put the boys down for a nap and planned the whole party with me! From revising the menu, to offering to buy the rest of the supplies and to call some other ladies to help make food, she lent me her experience (she is an accomplished hostess who frequently hosts large groups). She even thought about traffic flow and the best way to set out the foods to ease congestion! Reflecting on it now, it was a very Titus 2 moment--she was helping me learn how to be busy at home and extend hospitality, and since this is for our church also helping me learn how to love my husband since I am supporting his ministry by doing this party too. She even brought a little cookie jar full of gingerbread men and Christmas presents for the boys and invited us to Christmas dinner at her house! It was such a kindness on her part--I really appreciated her availability and wisdom. I am so thankful for this church and the people in it. We have been welcomed and blessed in so many ways by the willingness of the people to invite us into their lives.

2 comments:

calli said...

Can you give us the web address for the va farm?

Hallie Holland said...

Oops, forgot to include the link! It is http://www.fullquiverfarm.com/index.html