Monday, December 18, 2006

Daily life

We had our open house for the congregation this past Friday night and tonight I have finally finished the last of the Christmas presents. Both of these things are a load off of my mind and now I can just focus on preparing my heart to celebrate the incarnation and on loving my family during this wonderful time. I also have not been sleeping well recently and am hoping that with these loose ends tied off that I will go back to more solid sleep.

The boys are just bundles of energy these days. They played outside a lot today too, but it didn't seem to help. Joseph and William rode their bikes, ran around the yard with their homemade flags, played with the bamboo stand, threw balls, hid in the bushes, and had various other little boy outside adventures. I was inside all morning doing laundry, cleaning, and dealing with a very fussy David. He barely napped this afternoon and was down to bed at 6:30 tonight after fussing all evening. I am guessing that he must not be feeling well, but he hasn't developed any noticeable symptoms.

Tomorrow, we will go with Joe to the Primetimer's (retired people from our church) Christmas dinner. It should be a neat opportunity to spend some time with some of the older members of our congregation and I'm looking forward to it.

No comments: