Thursday, December 14, 2006

Happy news

Since the news is out the the real world, it is time that I let the blogging world know too....We are thrilled to be expecting baby Holland #4 to join us in early June! The boys are excited and of course Joe and I are too! I'm just out of my first trimester and slowly getting back to a more usual energy level. The nausea seems to be lessening too, and I am hoping it will disappear completely in the next few weeks.
I am seeing a midwife for my prenatal care and we are planning a home birth. I've had the boys all in the hospital, but it is a dream come true for me to be planning a home birth. Melinda (my midwife, and also a new nurse) seems to be great and I look forward to getting to know her better with more appointments.
This announcement should clear up a few things that might not quite have made sense around here. First, that I wrote about being so tired all of the time even though I was going to bed at 8:00. Second, for a while my posting was infrequent and topics when I did post were random. The pregnancy and excitement about it were all I could think about and I really didn't have anything else to say at the time. It was like there was this huge piece to my life that was a secret and it overshadowed everything else for a time. At any rate, we've announced it to friends here and I'm safely out of the first trimester and so the secret is out. Thankfully, the maternity clothes can finally come out too because it was getting harder and harder to disguise my blossoming figure.

1 comment:

K said...

Congratulations Hallie!!! I'm so excited for you, Joe and the boys...I'll be praying for a safe and healthy pregnancy and delivery! May God bless you!!!