Friday, April 11, 2008

Wellness 360, part 3

Useful site features


I mentioned in the previous post that one of the ways that you can make Wellness360 work for you is if you find personal value in the services that the site offers. This post will chronicle a few ways that I have used Wellness360 that have benefited me. So far, I have mainly used the site to track what I have been eating. I have explored a few other parts of the site that you might find helpful, however, and I've mentioned those here also.


The Food Journal

To find the food journal, click on “Nutrition” on the top center header of each page. Then, look on the left sidebar. You should see several options which include an option to “Search for Food,” go to the “Daily Food Journal” or go to “My Refrigerator.” If you click on “Search for Food” you can type any food into the search box and add it to a meal in the Journal for that day. Then by clicking on the “Daily Food Journal” you can see the nutritional totals of all of the foods that you have eaten. Each time that you add something to your journal, it also adds it to your “refrigerator,” so that you can find that same food again next time by simply clicking on the refrigerator. This is great since I eat a lot of the same things and can then easily add them to my journal for the next day without searching again.

I have appreciated seeing the nutritional facts for what I am eating. If I were on a diet, this feature would be even more helpful because it even calculates how much you would have to eat to maintain your current weight, lose a pound a week, or lose two pounds a week and shows you all of this beside the totals of what you actually did eat. There is nothing that works like seeing the cold raw data staring at you in the face!


Exercise Log

I haven't worked with this as much as the food journal, but the site does allow you to use a calendar to track daily exercise and you can even set it up to email you reminders to exercise! There is also a portion that will custom design a workout for you and has videos on how to properly do free weight strength training exercises.


News

Under the Resources tab, there is an option that allows you to either read daily health related news (articles, studies released, etc.) or to search for news on a specific topic. Very informative!


Medical Records

One of the aspects of the site that could potentially be very useful is the ability to upload medical records and store them digitally on the site. If Wellness360 gets wide enough exposure, it has the potential to allow health care providers (like EMTs and emergency room physicians, in particular) to access a patients medical records immediately through the internet.

I think this is a great idea, but won't work unless hospitals implement it too.


Assessments

In addition to the Health Risk Assessment that you have to fill out to start earning points on the site, the login screen has links to 9 other areas of the site where you can enter data about yourself. These assessments (which include things like entering your family medical history and your currents medical statistics) allow the site to be further customized for you each time you provide them with more information.

Simply click on each area and follow the easy instructions to enter the correct information.


All of the areas that I have mentioned in this post are aspects of the site that I think people might find useful. And as I said earlier, if you can earn a little bit of money doing things that are beneficial to you....why not? Come back tomorrow for a few tips on how to increase your earnings with the site.


To join Wellness360, click here and start seeing your points add up!

To find the other posts in this series, simply click here.

1 comment:

ralstonka said...

Hey I use Wellness 360 too. I like the site but it takes forever to get checks.

I wanted to know if you wanted a link to an even better site, no cash but they have Visa giftcards and it's easier to get points and much faster (no waiting period).

I'm looking for other good sites too if you come across any others. E-mail me at Ralstonka@gmail.com if you want me to send you a link to that site I mentioned. It's completely free and a lot like Wellness 360. Thanks and god bless!