Sunday, April 06, 2008

Sunday

We are in the middle of some hard pastoral things here and it is a constant struggle and issue for prayer for us. We are both feeling the weight of it and want to speak truth and love.
The boys are doing well and enjoying the spring, watching the plants come back to life again and playing outside for hours on end. We've started some of our garden and look 3 and 4 times a day to see if seeds have sprouted or plants had grown taller. We've "harvested" a literal handful of broccoli and hope that isn't the totality of our crop. As I have said before, I am not a very good gardener!

2 comments:

Katie said...

My heart goes out to pastors and their families. In no other job does a man have little to no separation of work and personal life. His "customers" and "employees" are also his closest friends, and when the congregation is unhappy about something, how CAN'T a pastor take it personally? I'll be praying for you and Joe.

I hope your garden yields lots!

Katie said...

Oops--I mean "employers," not employees. ~K