Thursday, April 10, 2008

What is Wellness360?

I have been using Wellness360 now for almost 3 weeks and am still pleased with the site. I am mostly using it now to track what I am eating and am also taking advantage of whatever promotion the site is offering each week to maximize points awarded. I am posting about it again for any of you that might have joined a few days back when I first mentioned it or who are considering joining. I will be doing a short series over the next few days to give more information about the site.


Still Under Construction

Though I don't know the exact launch date, I do know that the site is still in development. In just the short amount of time that I have been a member, there have been updates and kinks worked out. So, if a feature doesn't work now, be patient and realize that it will probably be fixed soon.


How it works

Advertisers and networking sites are forming new partnerships all over the internet that are changing the way that these sites are set-up. Facebook, by opening up to outside applications and allowing third party access to its site, is one example of how advertisers are capitalizing on the popularity of certain sites.

Another new trend in internet marketing is basically profit sharing. Wellness360 offers advertisers a chance to connect with people who have an interest in health and wellness. Companies pay wellness360 for letting them put up ads on the site. You can see the ads along the side edges of most pages on wellness360, if you don't have pop-up blocking software on your computer. In turn, wellness360 pays a portion of their advertising earnings to the users of the site (a small portion!) and they keep the difference as profit.


The point to money ratio

Each point that you earn is worth 1.5 cents. Most “clicks” on the site are worth 2-4 points, and more complicated actions like filling out your medical history, updating your fitness measurements, tracking your daily exercise, or adding what you eat to your daily food journal are where you really earn points quickly. If you only search for the foods you eat and add them to your journal each day, you'll probably earn $1-2 a day.


Where the money meets the road

If you are looking for a part time job or an easy way to make thousands, this is not it! Unless you spend a lot of time on the site, you won't earn significant money. However, that doesn't mean that they whole thing is pointless. If you can be intentional with the things that you do on the site to earn maximum points in minimum time, it can be a good deal. Or if you find value by using the site (i.e. reading the health news articles that they archive or tracking your exercise or eating) AND can earn a little money in the process, it is a good deal.


The next post will explain a few areas of the site that I have found valuable and the post after that will be about maximizing your point earning in a minimum of time.


*****If you are interested in joining, click here and check it out!

2 comments:

Shiloh said...

I just wanted to let you know that I enjoyed reading your article. I'll be checking into the next two articles. You are right on the money with your information. I just joined wellness 360 a couple of weeks ago and am still becoming familiar with the site. And in doing that I have earned a little money. It's a win-win situation in my opinion. I'm really enjoying it.

Hallie Holland said...

I'm glad you enjoyed the post. They are offering $7.50 for each person that you get to join this weekend, so spread the word!