Friday, October 08, 2004

It's rainy and gray here today. The kind of day perfect for lounging in bed all afternoon and doing nothing. I tried to do just that, and was greeted loudly about 5 minutes later by the hungry cries of Will. So much for a lazy snooze.
Tonight is the second presidential debate, but I think that I might skip it. Although I am dying to see GWB do his best, I need some hubby time with Joe too. We might have a debate "date" though, so we'll see.

I do hope that W will be able to clearly articulate his message. He has the right ideas, and I know that the people will support him if they get to see his passion for protecting America. Although, Kerry really tried to lambast Bush for the Iraq conflict because of the current situation there, it is easy to criticize after the fact. Having the intelligence information given him from the FBI and CIA, the support of valid allies (despite Kerry's dismissal of them as not being a "real" coalition), the fresh memories of 9/11, Gulf War I, etc. I don't see how anyone would've made a different decision than the difficult one that Bush made at the time. We were all shocked by the power and venom of the anti-American fervor of Al-Queda and needed to address the global threat of terrorism where ever it existed. Thankfully, we now know that Saddam was less of a threat than our intelligence originally thought. But anyone who questions the President's decision now is just as misguided as any Monday morning quarterback.

No comments: