Saturday, June 30, 2007

Saturday fun

After the boys went to sleep, Joe and I went out to poke around in the garden. It was my first trip since Charlie was born. Everything had really grown, including the weeds. We had a bountiful harvest and our first cantaloupes of the season. I need to learn how to make something with tomatoes--spaghetti sauce, tomato sauce, or just canned tomatoes because we are going to have so many tomatoes! Any suggestions?

This morning, we also got to see the inside of one of the houses that we are considering. It is less than 2 minutes from church, but they are asking way more than it is worth.My littlest man after his bath tonight.


3 comments:

Katie said...

I have no suggestions for the tomatoes, but I'm envious! They look wonderful.

I sure hope the boys are feeling much better by now.

Anonymous said...

We have a (small) garden, too! Last summer I made salsa with all the tomatoes and gave it as Christmas gifts. This summer I'm making tomato sauce and just freezing whole tomatoes. In fact, that's what I'm about to do right now!

Hallie Holland said...

David is still sick, but Will is better.

Elizabeth--I'll have to call you for pointers, I've never canned anything! And Christmas gifts are a good idea--we'll see if I can make anything good enough to give away. :)