Friday, June 15, 2007

First news

I want to start on this post, although things might get too busy for me to finish it right now. Joe is currently upstairs getting the older boys ready for bed and Charlie is sleeping in his infant carrier in the kitchen while my mom is doing dishes. Mama leaves tomorrow and we are sorely going to miss her! She told me before she came that she never feels like she does anything when she comes after a new baby is born....I don't think that will be her impression after this trip. As I mentioned earlier, I have had a slower recovery with this birth and so Mama has done everything--watching the children, keeping up the house (and cleaning it from top to bottom to make up for my negligence the last weeks of pregnancy), doing all of the cooking, AND waiting on me hand and foot. I have been able to completely rest this week save for the care of Charlie, and I've even had help with him. I have my third follow-up visit with my midwife next Tuesday and hopefully after that I'll be cleared to do normal stuff.

Charlie is a sweet baby. He has done well most nights and has already gone down from 3 to 2 night time feedings. If I can get one little nap during the day I am able to do the night time feedings without bothering Joe. (One night after I hadn't had a nap in 2 days, I slept through some of Charlie's fussing and had a rough time being awake to feed
him).

The boys LOVE Charlie and this has been so nice. Even David, who tends to be the most temperamental and possessive, oohs and ahhs over him and chatters and laughs at him. Joseph and Will both love holding Charlie and can barely resist patting him each time they see him (even when he is napping or nursing--we're working on that). My mom has been so great about entertaining the boys and helping them hold and see Charlie.

Joe has been working tirelessly, as he always does. Daddy duties and pastoral duties plus lots of my usual duties. I am looking forward to being better so that I can take some of the load from him. I am so grateful to have such a hard working and thoughtful husband.

Here is a picture of me and my little man from a few days ago. Pay no attention to my pale skin and sleepy eyes. They just come with the territory. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hallie,
You look wonderful! And so does Charlie. I am glad to hear things are improving some and that Anne was able to help! I am sure she hates leaving! (except for coming home to her David!)
Much Love,Meg

Anonymous said...

Hey Hallie,

Congratulations on your little boy. He's just adorable, and you look wonderful. It has been FOREVER since I've been around. Moving with seven kids will do that to a person!

Keep up the good work, mama! :)