Thursday, January 18, 2007

Eclairs and salsa

It was a fun snacking afternoon at the Holland household. I tried a new recipe that I had found about 2 weeks ago at Marmee Dear for Chocolate Topped Eclairs. I didn't feel like making my mom's famous vanilla pudding and so instead I filled them with Wal-mart brand instant French vanilla pudding. For the chocolate on top, I mixed about 6 oz of chocolate chips with about 1/4 c of milk and melted it on the stove, stirring a lot. They were so good! The eclair part was not as hard to make as I was expecting, and the only time involved was spooning on the pudding and topping them with the chocolate. And it was worth the trouble! The ones below are what I made, but click on the recipe to see how Marmee iced hers with a pastry tip, making them look so fancy!















I also made my friend Mary's homemade salsa, but since I haven't asked if it is a secret or not, I won't post the recipe. Joe is having the men from our Sunday school class over for a guys night tomorrow and he requested the salsa. The recipe is one of those where there is a lot of tasting and adding ingredients to taste and so it is always a risk on whether it will turn out or not. Thankfully, it seems pretty good--we'll see how it does after the flavors have time to mix overnight.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

They were both delicious!