Sunday, July 09, 2006

Wife of a preacher man

Joe preached twice today. This morning, he preached at a very small church named Alexander Memorial Presbyterian Church and this evening he preached at our church. I heard the same message twice, but in different contexts. At our church tonight, I was teary-eyed almost the whole message as I marveled at God’s handiwork. He has gifted my dear husband as a preacher and I was just so thankful. Joe is not a flowery preacher, nor what most people would define as a great public speaker, however he clearly and plainly explains the Gospel. And that is the hallmark of a fine preacher.

I am so thankful for God’s work in him and am excited to see how God will use him in the future. This is a link to our church’s website where the sermon audio will be posted after we get back from the beach. To find the right sermon, look for the date of 7.09 and the text of Isaiah 40 and the title "Comfort." It won't be there until the 17th or 18th.

Tomorrow we head to RYM!

No comments: