Sunday, July 02, 2006

Bicycling!!!

Joseph’s friend Samuel was here this past week with a bike that his mom had found at Target for $20. Joseph loved it and we had lots of opportunities that day to talk about not being greedy. I had previously decided to hold off on a bicycle purchase for the boys until they got a bit older. Yesterday when I was at a yard sale though I saw one that was just Joseph’s size for $8 and I started to reconsider. When they saw me looking at it and said, “Hey, you can have that for $5 if you’ll take it,” I was sold. I was excited about it as I came home and wondered how I would be able to wait until his birthday for him to have it. Joe helped me with that though by saying that he wanted Joseph to have it now.

So, here are a few picture of the proud new bicycle owner. He road ALL day yesterday and went outside this morning as soon as he had gulped down his breakfast (note the PJs in the pictures). He was exhausted last night and so happy. Not a bad way to spend $5.

No comments: