Monday, January 03, 2005

I’ve got a blog etiquette question for you all. I’ve only been doing this for a few months now and so I just do not know the protocol on this. I have several blogs that I have subscribed to and I get a daily email with a digest of all of the entries from my subscriptions. Occasionally, I will click on the eprops link in the email and make a comment on a blog. However, I don’t usually remember to go back to that blog to look to see if the writer comments back to me. I read their entries daily, but don’t look at the eprops since it comes in an email and I read email offline (we have dialup). And anyway it can get tedious to read all of the comments and eprops.

Similarly, occasionally I get comments on my entries. I want to respond, but don’t know how to do so. Should I write a comment on my own entry and trust that those that left comments will check back and see that I responded? The downside being that perhaps they won’t see my comments and know my appreciation or what I said. Or do I do a new entry that responds to the comments from the previous? The downside being that perhaps the new entry would be too boring or redundant.

So, my question is this: how does one handle eprops and comments? I need some feedback from more veteran xangans than I—which would not take much considering that I’ve only been doing this for a month or two.

We’re off to the zoo this afternoon as soon as Joseph wakes up from his nap!


Thanks for the encouragement! He's had a good day today (really good--asking to go and keeping dry so far), so I'm thinking that perhaps it has all clicked for him.....you'll probably get a post from me tomorrow saying otherwise, but until then....

No comments: