Sunday, May 04, 2008

After dinner romp in the front yard

Do you ever have those moments where you look around at your life and praise God? Where you see the blessings He has graciously given and just revel in the joy of it all?

Last night was one of those times for me. We ran around in our front yard and played with the boys as the sun set in golden splendor and a gentle breeze rustled leaves and tousled the hair of my precious children. There was much laughter and running, and it was GOOD.

There was also selfishness, grabbing, hitting, discipline, and a short temper or two. That is just life. Many times I get so busy with the mess of life that I miss the joy of life.

God is good. He has blessed me abundantly. With salvation in Christ first, and also with my dear family and much more.

Thank you, Lord, for loving me and reconciling me to yourself in Jesus. And thank you for my strong and hard working husband. Thank you for these sweet boys. Teach me to praise you in the good times and to store up some of the joy for the darker days.

1 comment:

Skamamama said...

thank you again hallie for another gentle reminder of god's amazing love for us and his huge blessings through his son and our boys! i needed that!