Thursday, February 15, 2007

Date night

After a long blog hiatus, I am back. We've had some pastoral issues in the church that have kept our family very busy recently and I feel like I haven't had time to even process my life, much less reflect on it enough to write about it. The issue is not resolved yet, but is at a pause for now and so I have had a moment to breath.
Tonight, I was in the mood for a nice spicy steak from Outback and went online to see where the closest one was. I was hoping that Starkville would have one since Mississippi State is there--surely a college town would have an Outback, right? Unfortunately, no. We would've had to drive the hour and a half to Jackson to get to Outback, and though I must admit that I considered it, we decided it just wasn't a 3 hour in the car craving.
So instead we went to a little family owned steak house about 20 minutes from here. We got great steaks and they even had a blooming onion! The boys were entranced by the Nascar race that was showing on the two TVs and watched TV while they consumed a huge amount of food. David was great and happy. We even saw a young family from our church. It was a great night and we got candy bars from CVS for dessert on the way home.
I was thinking as we drove home how I will feel so free where ever we move next, because it pretty much will have to be bigger than Kosciusko. Having more restaurant options will be nice and so will having a few more shopping options. But for now, this place fits us and I am so thankful to be here. Even if you have to drive 20 minutes to get to the closest non-fast food restaurant.

No comments: