Saturday, March 26, 2005

Joe has been off since he got home late Wednesday afternoon and so I have been spending time with my family instead of blogging. Tonight, Joe is working on his Sunday school lesson and so I have a few minutes to write.


First of all, I did fine with the boys all to myself while Joe was away. We scheduled 2 or 3 things to do away from the ordinary (trip to the zoo, play group, park, bookstore, errands, etc.) each day. I also realized that I handle the boys by myself everyday while Joe is at work and so that part wasn’t any different. The evenings were lonely and of course I missed Joe most then. However, I stayed busy and so that helped to pass the time. I am one of those people who works when tired, in a bad mood, upset, lonely etc. and so I worked! I finished painting our laundry room—no longer aquamarine blue with glitter-stenciled fish—so tacky! It is now a tasteful gray/blue with white trim. And I painted our master bathroom. It is now white instead of pink, which is much more to my manly husband’s liking. I was proud of my accomplishments and love looking at my newly painted rooms. It is fun that things can be improved that much by just a gallon of paint and some elbow grease.


As another update, it looks like we won’t move until next year. Joe is still ready to leave, but God closed the door to the available job possibility elsewhere and so we are staying put for now. Though we are disappointed at not getting the new job, we see so many ways that it will be a blessing to stay here. We won’t have the hassle of a fast move. I’ll get to have this baby here. Financially, it makes sense to stay as this is a higher salary and we can put off moving expenses for a year. We are so thankful for God’s leading to this point and are just praying that we’ll be continually faithful for as long as we are here.


It was hot here today and tonight we are getting a spring thunderstorm. The yard is abloom with azaleas, daffodils, an ornamental pear, and a red bud tree. The rain will wash away the dim haze of yellow pollen that coats everything. Tomorrow, we celebrate our arisen Savior! The Lord is risen indeed, Hallelujah!

No comments: