Thursday, February 04, 2010

On the road again

Where to start?

The problem with a personal blog is that once you stop writing, it is very hard to start again. There are gaps and much has happened and there is a pressure to try to fill in all of the details. I simply cannot.

So, what is left to say as I look back at the gaps of the past few months and try to catch up? Things are hard, and Jesus is enough. We have made sweet friends. We have moved (twice!). We still have not sold our house in Mississippi. The boys have started a school that they love. We have moved into a tiny house. We have fought. We have grown.

But most of all, we have been amazed that God loves and accepts us because Christ has reconciled us to him. I cannot believe that I am a daughter of God, love completely, and freed from my guilt and sin.

6 comments:

Katie said...

Hallie - All blog gaps are forgiven in my book. :)

I'm not much of a facebook person, so i like reading blogs a lot!

I always appreciate your eternal perspective in your writing. Reminds me to look beyond the daily details.

Hallie Holland said...

Thanks for the encouragement, Katie. I love your blog and greatly admire you as a mom. It is cool to get to know you through your blog even though we live so far away.

Meredith said...

Glad for the update, however brief : ) Sometime I would love to hear more about the tiny house and its challenges/benefits.

Jan Johnson said...

Well then I guess that's enough said. . . great summation! Miss y'all too much!

Meg McCann said...

As always, I am proud to know you!

Hallie Holland said...

Meredith, it is something I have been thinking a lot about. I'll work on a post.

Meg and Jan, love y'all!