Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Butter



Last week, we were learning about the letter and sound B and one of the activities was to make butter. I actually remember making butter when I was in first grade. They had all 6 classes of first graders sit in a huge circle and we passed around the jar of cream with each child giving a shake or two.

Making it with the boys went much faster than I remembered--only about 10 minutes from start to finish. It was fun to watch the cream go from liquid to smoothie consistency and finally to butter and butter milk. Just as we were finishing up, Joseph dropped the mason jar on our brick kitchen floor and it shattered, of course. I scooped up what I could and we ate it anyway (very carefully).


Here are a few pictures of the boys before the drop.

No comments: