Friday, July 18, 2008

On the road again....

We leave this morning for a glorious 11 days of vacation! Joe came home last night after a LONG day (long week, long summer, long year!) and was "free!" I am so excited to have him to myself for the next 11 days! Though after packing everything yesterday, I told Joe that I need a vacation from our vacation.

Last year's vacation was learning to trust God in the moment...to see His good and sovereign plan for us NOW (not tomorrow, or next month, or in those future set of circumstances) but here and now. It was seeing His goodness and sanctification presently.

Joe has already started talking about how focusing on Christ's sacrifice on the cross frees us to love and serve and rejoice. I look forward to thinking on that especially on this vacation.

We are going to Virginia to see my family by way of Atlanta to meet my newest precious niece. We're driving (hurray for gas prices) :( but the boys are good traveling ages and I have lots of fun planned for the road.

Pray for us, if you think of it. Pray that our time would be sweet. That we would be drawn more to the Savior who frees us to live lives of service, praise, and love. Pray that we would have refreshing time as a family and with extended family too.

I'll see you in a few weeks!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ooh, Hallie, please share some of the road-trip fun you have planned. I always love to hear others' ideas, as I REFUSE to use a portable DVD player! Thanks!