Tuesday, November 06, 2007

My men

I decided to use this morning to try to take a picture of all 4 of my boys. I re-dressed everyone in clean clothes (it was only 9:00, but they were already dirty from playing outside and I wanted matching outfits) and washed 4 little faces. I wet down and brushed everyone's hair (although Will's still sticks up no matter what I do). I brought the tape player into the living room and turned on a happy Sesame Street tape (a fun gift from a friend who is decluttering and gives us all of her old homeschooling and baby/young child type things). I grabbed a rattle to keep Charlie's attention and later even brought in a bag of chocolate chips for a treat for smiling.

"Sit still."
"Smile!"
"Hands in your laps."
"David, take your finger out of your nose."
"Look at me."
"Sit still!"
"Say cheese."
"David, take your finger out of your nose!"

....It was a fun morning....Here are some of the outtakes. If you know me in real life, you'll just have to wait to see if I get my act together enough to send out Christmas cards to see the best shot.

Joe and I decided that this one captures our boys' personalities amazingly. Joseph, our firstborn, serious, methodical, helpful, and down to business. William, number 2, a fun-loving goofball with a lot of silliness and spunk. David, our third, is pictured here kind of fussy--which he is. But not to only capture a negative trait (even though it is his most defining characteristic right now), he is also a sweet, tender-hearted, tag-a-long to his big brothers, especially Joseph. When they play outside, I can usually find him following about 10 steps behind Joseph. And Charlie, our sweet baby, such a sweet disposition. We'll see how he grows and develops.