Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Just another manic Monday

I know that it is going to be a long day when I am giving the boys a bath already at 10 AM. Monday was one of those days. With energy to burn after being cooped up in the car for 2 days, the boys ran and ran Monday morning and were coated in mud. I popped them in the shower (they were actually too muddy for a bath to have done any good) and got them out and dressed. I ran to answer the phone and it was a realtor wanting to show the house...in an hour!

I said yes and scrambled to get ready. Thankfully, Charlie had fallen asleep in the swing and I plopped Will and David down in front of a movie. Joseph and I worked our way through each room straightening and cleaning. He was such a good little helper and had a great attitude the whole time! I grabbed a loaf of bread, block of cheese, and some waters and put the boys into the Corolla (the van is still out of commission from the wreck). The three bigger guys where in the back and I sat Charlie's carrier on the front passenger seat. We drove just barely down the street since Joseph and Charlie weren't buckled in and waited. They ended up looking at the house for almost an hour. Later, the realtor said that the wife really liked the house, but that the husband wanted more land.

I was grateful that I had left the house presentable before we left on vacation and that we had put most things away on Sunday when we got home. I was also grateful for God's peace as I "stashed and dashed" cleaning up. He knew each part of my day that Monday and had a plan and a purpose for the busyness. I kept on reminding myself of his sovereignty as I cleaned and repeated Isaiah 26:3 ("You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on you, because he trusts in you.") to myself.

No comments: