Saturday, February 05, 2005

Why we ever try to do home improvement projects I don’t know! Today, we started on the next step of the kitchen cabinets and it did not go well. We are covering ugly green 1970s formica with granite tile. It will look awesome when we are done, but today everything that could go wrong did. We didn’t have enough of the right type of tiles, the tile saw blade was dull, I chipped off and broke tiles, and the children were a bit fractious. We aren’t even close to being done and so it will be about a week before I have a kitchen sink again since we took the old one out to lay tile and will replace it. At least my stove is back to normal since we did that counter the last two weekends.

Joe and I still don’t handle days like today very well, and it is a challenge to keep our relationship right during stressful times. We need to communicate better and I know that I need to keep a better attitude towards him when I am frustrated.

This afternoon, we got things ready around the house for Sunday and then went to a high school basketball game after an early dinner. Lots of Joe’s students were playing, and so it was good for him to be there. They were losing terribly when we left at halftime so that we could put the boys to bed. Tonight, we’ve taken it easy—watching TV, picking up around the house, laundry, etc.

No comments: